Friday, September 16, 2011

Its just a hat

No, it's not just a hat. Towards the end of the acting session, i heard somone say " It's just a hat". I was thinking no it isn't, well physically yes, but in the emotional setting we put ourselves in it wasn't that general at all. We all had our own meaning to it, when you put yourself in a mindeset that your going to steal a hat from somone you are mad at at the moment (in my case it was my mother) , another story between you and the person comes through the action. It isn't just stealing a hat anymore. You start feeling guitly or angry or sad, because of the emotional backgroung you have your mind putting you in. When i tried the activity my self , it was wierd because i walked in at first like nothing but when i went to pick up the hat somehow my mind made me think i was actually stealing from my mother out of revenge. I even got the sense of the room and what the object was. Then when i started to walk away it started to dissapear slowly but still make me happy becuase "i got revenge" on my mother. I think this activity cracked something in them they didn't  know they had, i would love to do it again!

1 comment:

  1. It is the most bizarre thing, isn't it? Our imagination sort of climbs out and screws up our reality, and we're caught on a fence between the two.

    In that moment, we have to choose - do we fall off the fence into reality, or fall off into imagination.

    To act well, we have to fall into imagination.

    ReplyDelete